NEWS

See my colab work and other sales info HERE
Want to order something? Check out the currently available products page on the right hand side!

Monday, August 16, 2010

Commission Time

So it has been a long while since my last update, which I'm not too happy about. Things have been super hectic around here, and with the recent loss of my job I've been scrambling to find sources of income. So now it seems that I'm going to be doing this prop thing full time until at least the spring of next year. This is a double edged sword, as its a chance to do something that I love, but the income is also unstable. Hence there are going to be a few changes around here.

    First and foremost I'm going to be updating here weekly. This will help me to stay on track with commissions and let both current and prospective clients know what to expect. That and I think its cool to see things go from reference to reality step by step, but that may just be the nerd in me.

   Second, I will be making a commissions calendar of sorts, with a waiting list. This will help me to plan out the year and what will get worked on first. That way everyone gets their props in time and I don't end up with an angry mob outside my front door. For now I'm going to set up 2 slots per month until the end of February 2011, so if you want to hop in on a slot shoot me an e-mail and we'll get you quoted and slotted. My goal is to fill slots for props so that they will be finished at least a month and a half before they are needed by the client, so that if anything comes up the prop still arrives on time.

   Next, I'm going to try to get a friend of my who is studying film to record and upload some videos of the shop and shop work, so you can see what the process actually looks like. We'll see if this actually happens as I'm super shy.

Onward to actual progress!

   The rotocaster has see a bit more work in the past months, both frames have been bolted in and I'm now waiting on picking up the gears and drive chain for it, after which it should be good to go. As soon as I get this thing up and running I'll be doing a few runs of various helmets, which I will post as I get them molded.

   The Rickenbacker however has sadly been on the back burner as its a NFP project, but once I get things stabilized I'll hop back on that some more.

   NEW Mass Effect Katana Shotgun: This is a project for a client who will be cosplaying as Tali at NYCC. Its probably going to be one of the hardest scratchbuilds I'll ever do as there are almost no reference shots of it to be found. I got it all vectored out and will be cutting out the base pieces from some MDF sometime this week.



No comments:

Post a Comment